The French Style

There are many different styles of houses within the term "French-style".

The variations are vast and it is common to find people who love one and despise another.  Others have a love of everything French.  I tend to agree with the latter, however I will admit that the more refined French style is what pleases my eye the most.

This photo of a 1920s symmetrical French style house is one of my favorites.  It sits in the beautiful neighborhood of Highland Park in Dallas.  The details of this house are what make it stand out to me.  With the swooped roof to the limestone door surround and the swags on the flat roof areas.  These intricate details make this house a beautiful example of how to do it right.

In future posts I will cover many different styles of homes (Spanish, Italian, English, etc.) along with product recommendations to go along with these styles.  These will include both exterior and interior products such as mantels, doors, iron work, lighting and furniture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Modalert

Swagbucks